Daniel Hemric / No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra Preview
Go Bowling 250 at Richmond Raceway
No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra News and Notes
· HEMRIC AT RICHMOND: Daniel Hemric owns three top-five finishes in four NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at Richmond Raceway. The Kannapolis, North Carolina native has led laps in each of his four starts at the .75-mile short track. Richmond Raceway is the site of a few firsts for Hemric as he earned his first Xfinity Series pole there in 2017 and made his Cup Series debut in April 2018.
· DARLINGTON RECAP: Hemric finished 24th in last weekend’s race at Darlington Raceway. After starting on the pole, he led the first 10 laps before reporting an engine issue. The No. 18 pitted under the first caution to fix the problem and took their first set of fresh tires under the competition caution on lap 21. The fresh tires allowed Hemric to rally for the stage one victory. In the closing laps of the race, Hemric was spun out while racing in the top 10 and ultimately ended the day with a 24th-place finish.
· LOOP DATA: Hemric’s strong season is evident in the Loop Data provided by NASCAR. The 30-year-old driver leads the Xfinity Series in fastest drivers late in a run and ranks in the top five in numerous categories, including top-five finishes, laps led, average running position, driver rating, fastest drivers early in a run, green flag speed, laps in the top 15 and laps run on the lead lap.
· ROGERS’ RESUME: Dave Rogers is no stranger to success at Richmond Raceway as the veteran crew chief has visited victory lane in both the NASCAR Cup Series and Xfinity Series. In 15 Cup Series races atop the pit box, Rogers led his teams to four victories, six top-five finishes, eight top-10s and 698 laps led. In nine Xfinity Series starts at the track, Rogers’ teams have picked up one win, six top-10s and 133 laps led.
· POPPY BANK: Poppy Bank will be featured as the primary sponsor of the No. 18 Supra in Saturday’s race at Richmond Raceway. Poppy Bank is a 5-star rated organization and is recognized as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. Since opening its first branch in 2005, Poppy Bank has grown to over $3 Billion in assets with branches across the San Francisco Bay Area, Roseville, and Southern California.
· JGR AT RICHMOND: The Joe Gibbs Racing Xfinity Series team has claimed 10 victories at Richmond Raceway. In 109 combined starts at the track, the organization has tallied 29 top-five finishes, 55 top-10s and 2,163 laps led. Christopher Bell, Kyle Busch, and Denny Hamlin have each driven JGR entries to victory lane at the track.
· TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s Xfinity Series race at Richmond Raceway is scheduled for Saturday, September 11, at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, MRN Radio and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Daniel Hemric, Driver of the No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra
Talk about going to Richmond this weekend…
“We’re looking forward to going to Richmond this weekend. It’s a place I have a lot of confidence going to and Dave (Rogers, crew chief) has had a lot of success there over the years. We feel like it’s a great opportunity for us to capitalize on our strengths and get our momentum going in the right direction as we get closer to the Playoffs in a few weeks.” About Poppy Bank
Since opening their first branch in January 2005, Poppy Bank has grown to over $3 billion in assets and is recognized as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. Poppy has branches throughout California and provides loan services throughout the nation including commercial and multi-family, small business and PACE (green lending) products. Their commitment to providing the best products and services has propelled their success and garnered national recognition of their performance. Poppy Bank is 5-star rated by BauerFinancial, the nation's leading independent bank and credit union rating firm. The Bank is governed by a strong team of Executive Officers and a dedicated Board of Directors formed entirely by accomplished business leaders. Poppy Bank exists to meet the banking needs of their clients and to make a positive difference in the communities they serve.