Daniel Hemric / No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra Preview
Food City 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway
No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra News and Notes
· HEMRIC AT BRISTOL: Daniel Hemric has two top-five finishes and four top-10s in five career NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at Bristol Motor Speedway. His best performance at the World’s Fastest Half-Mile came in March 2018 when Hemric led 61 laps before ultimately finishing third. Hemric also has experience at Bristol in the NASCAR Cup Series and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. In two Cup starts, his best finish was 12th in August 2019. He claimed a pair of top-five finishes in two Truck Series starts at the track.
· RICHMOND RECAP: Hemric led 17 laps and finished sixth in last Saturday’s race at Richmond Raceway. It was a solid day overall for the Kannapolis, North Carolina native as he earned 10 stage points and ran inside the top 10 for most of the 250-lap event.
· LOOP DATA: Hemric’s strong season is evident in the Loop Data provided by NASCAR. The 30-year-old driver ranks in the top five in numerous categories, including laps led, average running position, driver rating, fastest drivers late in a run, fastest laps run, green flag speed, laps in the top 15, laps run on the lead lap and quality passes.
· ROGERS’ RESUME: Crew chief Dave Rogers has 24 combined starts atop the pit box at Bristol Motor Speedway between the Cup Series and the Xfinity Series. In 15 Cup Series races at the Last Great Colosseum, Rogers went to victory lane three times – twice with Kyle Busch and once with Carl Edwards. Overall, Rogers’ teams posted five top-five finishes, eight top-10s and 938 laps led in the Cup Series at Bristol. In nine Xfinity Series races at the track, Rogers’ drivers have one top-five finish, four top-10s and 70 laps led.
· POPPY BANK: Poppy Bank will be featured as the primary sponsor of the No. 18 Supra in Friday night’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Poppy Bank is a 5-star rated organization and is recognized as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. Since opening its first branch in 2005, Poppy Bank has grown to over $3 Billion in assets with branches across the San Francisco Bay Area, Roseville, and Southern California.
· JGR AT BRISTOL: Joe Gibbs Racing owns 13 Xfinity Series wins at Bristol Motor Speedway. In 105 combined starts at the track, the organization has tallied 35 top-five finishes, 52 top-10s, and 3,262 laps led. Christopher Bell, Kyle Busch, Erik Jones, Joey Logano and Ryan Preece have all driven JGR entries to victory lane at Bristol.
· TUNE IN: Coverage of this week’s Xfinity Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway is scheduled for Friday, September 17, at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, PRN Radio and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Daniel Hemric, Driver of the No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra
Talk about going to Bristol this week…
“Bristol is such an awesome place. It’s so iconic, especially when you talk about the night race weekend. It seems like it brings out some of the wildest races and that’s what makes it so great. For us, it’s obviously the last race of our regular season, the last chance to pick up a few Playoff points before we get going next week. We’re looking forward to it. I feel like it’s a good place for myself and JGR has been strong there for a long time, so hopefully we can put our Poppy Bank Supra in position to run up front and have a shot at the end of the night.”
About Poppy Bank
Since opening their first branch in January 2005, Poppy Bank has grown to over $3 billion in assets and is recognized as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. Poppy has branches throughout California and provides loan services throughout the nation including commercial and multi-family, small business and PACE (green lending) products. Their commitment to providing the best products and services has propelled their success and garnered national recognition of their performance. Poppy Bank is 5-star rated by BauerFinancial, the nation's leading independent bank and credit union rating firm. The Bank is governed by a strong team of Executive Officers and a dedicated Board of Directors formed entirely by accomplished business leaders. Poppy Bank exists to meet the banking needs of their clients and to make a positive difference in the communities they serve.