Hemric Ready for Wild Race at Daytona
Updated: Aug 26
Daniel Hemric / No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra Preview
Wawa 250 at Daytona International Speedway
No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra News and Notes
· HEMRIC AT DAYTONA: Daniel Hemric has earned two top-10 finishes in six career NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at Daytona International Speedway. Earlier this season, he was running solidly inside the top five late in the race before being collected in a multi-car accident. Despite the setback, Hemric and the No. 18 team rallied in the closing laps for a ninth-place finish. In addition to his Xfinity Series experience at the track, Hemric made two starts in both the NASCAR Cup Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, as well as one ARCA Menards Series start.
· MICHIGAN RECAP: Hemric finished 39th in last weekend’s race at Michigan International Speedway after being involved in a multi-car accident early in stage two. Before the race-ending trouble, the Poppy Bank team earned stage points by finishing sixth in the first segment.
· LOOP DATA: Hemric’s strong season is evident in the Loop Data provided by NASCAR. The 30-year-old driver leads all fulltime Xfinity Series drivers in fastest drivers late in a run and ranks in the top five in numerous categories, including laps led, average running position, driver rating, fastest laps run, green flag speed, laps in the top 15 and laps run on the lead lap.
· ROGERS’ RESUME: Crew chief Dave Rogers has been atop the pit box for 26 combined races at Daytona between the Cup Series and Xfinity Series. In 10 Xfinity Series races at Daytona, Rogers’ teams have claimed two wins, four top-five finishes, six top-10s and 86 laps led. Rogers’ teams picked up four top-five finishes, five top-10s and 116 laps led in 16 Cup Series starts at the track.
· POPPY BANK: Poppy Bank will be featured as the primary sponsor of the No. 18 Supra in Friday night’s race at Daytona International Speedway. Poppy Bank is a 5-star rated organization and is recognized as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. Since opening its first branch in 2005, Poppy Bank has grown to over $3 Billion in assets with branches across the San Francisco Bay Area, Roseville, and Southern California.
· JGR AT DAYTONA: The Joe Gibbs Racing Xfinity Series team owns four victories at Daytona International Speedway. In 104 combined starts at the 2.5-mile superspeedway, the organization has tallied 27 top-five finishes, 43 top-10s and 674 laps led. Denny Hamlin, Matt Kenseth, Joey Logano and Tony Stewart have all driven JGR entries to victory lane at Daytona.
· TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s Xfinity Series race at Daytona International Speedway is scheduled for Friday, August 27, at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, MRN Radio and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Daniel Hemric, Driver of the No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra
What do you expect going to Daytona this week?
“You know that anything can happen when you go to Daytona or Talladega. You just have to try to put yourself in the best position possible and hope that you’re in the right place at the right time and able to capitalize on runs and not get caught up in the big wrecks when they happen. We’ll definitely try to work with our teammates as much as we can and try to get all four of our Supras up front. That’s always the plan going in, but these races tend to get pretty wild, especially at the end of the stages and ultimately at the checkered flag, so we’ll give it our best shot and see what we can do.”
About Poppy Bank
Since opening their first branch in January 2005, Poppy Bank has grown to over $3 billion in assets and is recognized as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. Poppy has branches throughout California and provides loan services throughout the nation including commercial and multi-family, small business and PACE (green lending) products. Their commitment to providing the best products and services has propelled their success and garnered national recognition of their performance. Poppy Bank is 5-star rated by BauerFinancial, the nation's leading independent bank and credit union rating firm. The Bank is governed by a strong team of Executive Officers and a dedicated Board of Directors formed entirely by accomplished business leaders. Poppy Bank exists to meet the banking needs of their clients and to make a positive difference in the communities they serve.