Daniel Hemric / No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra Preview
Alsco Uniforms 302 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra News and Notes
· HEMRIC AT LAS VEGAS: Daniel Hemric has earned two top-five finishes and three top-10s in six career NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at Las Vegas. The good news for Hemric is that his pair of top-five finishes have come in the past two trips to the 1.5-mile track. Last fall, he finished third and earlier this season, Hemric led a race-high 74 laps, won a stage, and finished second at Las Vegas. He also has experience at the track in the NASCAR Cup Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, including a runner-up finish in the Truck Series race at Las Vegas in 2016.
· BRISTOL RECAP: The No. 18 team led 78 laps and won stage two before ultimately finishing 10th in last week’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Hemric established himself as a contender early and spent most of the race running inside the top five before being shuffled back on an overtime restart.
· REGULAR SEASON RUNDOWN: During the 26-race regular season, Hemric claimed nine top-five finishes, 15 top-10s and ranked inside the top five in the overall points standings every week. His 510 laps led so far this season are a career-best.
· POPPY BANK: Poppy Bank will be featured as the primary sponsor of the No. 18 Supra in Saturday’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Poppy Bank is a 5-star rated organization and is recognized as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. Since opening its first branch in 2005, Poppy Bank has grown to over $3 Billion in assets with branches across the San Francisco Bay Area, Roseville, and Southern California.
· JGR AT LAS VEGAS: Joe Gibbs Racing owns two Xfinity Series victories at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. In 66 combined starts at the 1.5-mile tri-oval, the organization has tallied 20 top-five finishes, 36 top-10s and 1,030 laps led. Kyle Busch has claimed both of JGR’s Xfinity Series wins at the track. Earlier this season, JGR had Hemric and Brandon Jones both in the top three.
· TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s Xfinity Series race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, September 25, at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, PRN Radio and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Daniel Hemric, Driver of the No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra
Talk about your outlook going into the Playoffs…
“Our team is ready to go. We’ve been preparing ourselves for this all season, so now it’s time to go out and get it done. I feel like we have shown that we have had speed all year and things haven’t quite lined up perfectly for us yet, but I feel like we’re more than capable of contending at all these tracks. We know it’s going to be a battle and every position, and every point is going to matter in the rounds, so it’s our jobs to eliminate mistakes – whether that’s me on the track or strategy or pit road. We’re going to give it our best shot and be on our A-game to ultimately try to win the championship for Poppy Bank, Toyota and everyone back at JGR that puts their heart and soul into our program.”
About Poppy Bank
Since opening their first branch in January 2005, Poppy Bank has grown to over $3 billion in assets and is recognized as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. Poppy has branches throughout California and provides loan services throughout the nation including commercial and multi-family, small business and PACE (green lending) products. Their commitment to providing the best products and services has propelled their success and garnered national recognition of their performance. Poppy Bank is 5-star rated by BauerFinancial, the nation's leading independent bank and credit union rating firm. The Bank is governed by a strong team of Executive Officers and a dedicated Board of Directors formed entirely by accomplished business leaders. Poppy Bank exists to meet the banking needs of their clients and to make a positive difference in the communities they serve.