Daniel Hemric / No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra Preview
Sparks 300 at Talladega Superspeedway
No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra News and Notes
· HEMRIC AT TALLADEGA: Daniel Hemric has posted one top-five finish in four career NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at Talladega Superspeedway. His best finish – fifth – came at the track last October. Earlier this season, Hemric led 18 laps before ultimately finishing 12th when the race was shortened because of rain. He claimed his best career NASCAR Cup Series finish – fifth – at Talladega in 2019.
· LAS VEGAS RECAP: The No. 18 team started the 2021 Playoffs off strong with a fifth-place finish in last weekend’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Overall, Hemric has recorded three consecutive top-10 finishes.
· ROGERS’ RESUME: Crew chief Dave Rogers has been atop the pit box for 23 combined races at Talladega Superspeedway between the Cup Series and Xfinity Series. Rogers’ teams have one win and two top-five finishes in seven Xfinity Series starts at the 2.66-mile superspeedway. In 16 Cup Series races at Talladega, Rogers’ teams earned three top-five finishes and five top-10s.
· POPPY BANK: Poppy Bank will be featured as the primary sponsor of the No. 18 Supra in Saturday’s race at Talladega Superspeedway. Poppy Bank is a 5-star rated organization and is recognized as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. Since opening its first branch in 2005, Poppy Bank has grown to over $3 Billion in assets with branches across the San Francisco Bay Area, Roseville, and Southern California.
· JGR AT TALLADEGA: Joe Gibbs Racing owns five Xfinity Series victories at Talladega Superspeedway. In 59 combined starts at the track, the organization has tallied 16 top-five finishes, 24 top-10s and 338 laps led. Kyle Busch, Joey Logano, Mike McLaughlin, Elliott Sadler and Tony Stewart have all driven JGR entries to victory lane at the track.
· TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s Xfinity Series race at Talladega Superspeedway is schedule for Saturday, October 2, at 4:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, MRN Radio and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Daniel Hemric, Driver of the No. 18 Poppy Bank Toyota Supra
Talk about your approach to racing Talladega in the Playoffs…
“I think you have to be aggressive this weekend like always at Talladega and Daytona. Our Poppy Bank Toyota Supras have been fast at all of the superspeedway races this season. It’s just been a matter of staying out of trouble and being in the right position late in the race. We’ll definitely want to lean on our teammates and all work together as much as possible because we know that our four JGR cars will be strong. Hopefully we can all run up front and get stage points and put ourselves in position at the end to maximize our day.”
About Poppy Bank
Since opening their first branch in January 2005, Poppy Bank has grown to over $3 billion in assets and is recognized as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. Poppy has branches throughout California and provides loan services throughout the nation including commercial and multi-family, small business and PACE (green lending) products. Their commitment to providing the best products and services has propelled their success and garnered national recognition of their performance. Poppy Bank is 5-star rated by BauerFinancial, the nation's leading independent bank and credit union rating firm. The Bank is governed by a strong team of Executive Officers and a dedicated Board of Directors formed entirely by accomplished business leaders. Poppy Bank exists to meet the banking needs of their clients and to make a positive difference in the communities they serve.